Monday, November 28, 2005

Blood is thicker than detergent

Sometimes you have to wonder, what’s the point of it all? Success? Money? Love? Fulfillment? Answers?  

Do we try to be ourselves or do we set ourselves aside and try to be the best we can?

Do we follow our instincts or do we curb our enthusiasm to achieve emotional maturity?

Do we search for the one or do we become the one?

The answer is choice.

But do we have a choice or do we choose to?

All these circular questions are supposed to come from a conversation with a cousin this afternoon. We used to be close, I always have and still think that she’s one of the few kin I have I can really relate to.  But since we first bonded during our teens life happened. College, relationships, marriage, motherhood for her, living abroad for me. Life. Then this afternoon while my underwear was being sorted in her laundromat we talked.

And we still have pretty much the same thoughts. It’s surprising because I thought our differences made us, well, different. So we talked about family, our lives, and more family. And she was the same cousin I connected with so many years ago.

And as usual after good talks, I ponder. After discussing other people’s lives you start looking at your own. And while you’ll always be this good looking, you remember who you set out to be.

I remember my previous post and while it thankfully it doesn’t resonate as much anymore, it still holds truth because it happened. But there are still blessings to be counted, minor victories to be celebrated. Because someday they will win the war. And I will be me, good looking as ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home