Thursday, November 24, 2005

limbo

I've been itching to write something lately, and there is no shortage of topics to dwell or rant on, but it's only now that I've blogged on because I might have hit upon what's been bugging me. Limbo.

At this point in my life -- with the magazine, badminton, creative realizations, parental freedom, and other things happening, I should be in a renaissance of sorts. A renewed man with a more firm grip on life so to speak.

But the powers of sloth are not easily reckoned with. And more to that, I learned something from Manay today that really left an imprint on me. I wish there were a better way I could confront my demons. I wish I were a more willfull person who didn't always rely on creativity as an approach to life. I wish.

I have seen what procrastination and unwillingness to confront responsibility can do. But it's frustrating to see your target just in front and you have nothing to ram it with. You can almost see it taunting you, it knows you can vanquish it but knowing and doing are two different things altogether. It's separates people into who they are and who they could be.

And that's it. I don't want to be just someone who can dish out killer retorts or gut-busting captions. I tell myself I'm better than that. But am I truly or do I just tell myself that so I can take comfort that there's still untapped potential left in me?

Another day has begun. It beckons with new challenges. I don't even know what voice to use. But I will be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home